Erasmus+ is the new EU program 2014-2020 for education and training, youth and sport. It meets all European and international mechanisms actually implemented for education and training, youth and sport, substituting itself seven programs, including Youth in Action managed in Frenchspeaking Belgium by the Bureau International de la Jeunesse (BIJ ).
In the frame of the European Voluntary Service program, Belgian Service Club Namur is accredited as a sending organization and as coordinating organization for hosting projects in Belgium. We contribute so to the training of young people of 17-30 years.
You want to make yourself helpful. You dream to discover another country, to know another culture, to learn another language, to know Belgium? Do not hesitate to contact us to find out what the EUROPEAN VOLUNTARY SERVICE is.
Summary of the European Voluntary Service
- accessible to young people of 17-30 years (no qualifications are required)
- In all European countries and many countries
- Partnership Agreement (Activity Agreement) between the volunteer, the sending and the hosting project
- Project Duration : Min 6 months and Max 12 months
- No financial contribution requested
- Preparation and monitoring provided by the project partners
- Coaching in the hosting project
- Language Training in the hosting country
- Travel costs reimbursement on basis of distance between home and hosting organization:
100 - 499 Km lump sum 180 €
500 - 1999 Km 275 €
2000 - 2999 Km 360 €
3000 - 3999 Km 530 €
4000 - 7999 Km 820 €
- Free local transport
- Monthly individual support (pocket money) : 110 €/month (in Belgium)
- Counts as waiting period for FOREM
- Pre-departure training (3-4 days) is compulsory
- Wide choice of hosting projects on the european database